Welcome to the Southern River Hockey Myalup 2015. To those of you who have never had the Myalup experience, you will find it unique, sun, sand, (a little bit of fitness) and above all you should be in for a fun weekend. This is the 33rd edition of the camp, albeit the 8th with the Hawks and every one of them have been the same yet different. The purpose of the weekend is to re establish the club bonds in preparation for the upcoming 2015 hockey season as well as signalling the commencement of the pre season program.
The format for the weekend will be the same as in previous years:
- Arrive at camp Friday 6th February
- Relax and settle in Friday night over a couple of drinks and enjoy the sunset over Myalup Beach
NO BIG BREAKFAST
- Saturday 7th February– Meet at the beach 7-45am
- Road Run 8-00am (Compulsory for those playing Turf in 2015
- Beach Run (For others/injured)
20 MINUTES TO RECHARGE SUNSCREEN AND HAVE A DRINK
- Beach exercises – 1 hour including relay running and water activity. Team Tug -O-War
- Beach cricket and volleyball (depending on wind condition) until 12-30pm (Cricket restricted to 5 overs/side – Volleyball best of 3 sets. Play 3rd if time allows)
- Afternoon –relax (all together-over a few quiet drinks and chat). Those who want to walk to the beach and swim-feel free. Always remember the camps annual motto “United as One” as we try to spend as much time together as possible. We can’t lose sight of the fact that it is a training/bonding exercise. This year we have several people who will have their hockey playing partners with us and for the weekend they will be separated.
- Dinner (all together this year)
Please note all chalets are fully self contained. We take a BBQ down and the majority of cooking is done on it. This saves messing the chalets and also provides another social meeting place. The fridges in the chalets are strictly for food only so you will need to bring eskys down for your drinks. There is a shop opposite the camp and he sells ice.
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Beach towel
- Running shoes
- Water bottle
- Tank top/shirts
- Sleeping Bag-optional
- Food for: Dinner-Friday, Lunch-Saturday, Dinner-Saturday, Breakfast-Saturday & Sunday (optional)
- Folding Chair
WE MAY HAVE TO UTILISE AIR MATTRESSES IN SOME CASES TO AVOID EXTRA COSTS.
One of the things we as a club have managed to achieve is to gain a reputation for our exemplary behaviour and the outstanding way in which we leave the chalets clean on our departure. We, as ambassadors of the Southern River Hockey Club, have an obligation to uphold that reputation. This includes cleaning your own mess up as you make it, pitching in to keep your chalet neat and tidy, be responsible for any item you may remove from the chalets(chairs, cutlery etc). Above all respect the property of your fellow club mates and housemates. On Sunday we tend to all be decamped by 10-00am. This will mean that ALL housemates clean their own chalet before departure. This is not to be left to just a few. As they say many hands make light work and if you maintain a clean chalet during the weekend then the clean up will be minimal.
Above all, the weekend is designed for fun, sea, sun and sand – oh and a couple of drinks. Let’s all make Myalup 2015 another memorable one.
HOW TO GET THERE
PICK UP THE KWINANA FREEWAY AND PROCEED SOUTH.
THE FREEWAY BECOMES THE FORREST FREEWAY NEAR MANDURAH
STAY ON THE FREEWAY FOR ABOUT 40 MINUTES SOUTH OF MANDURAH
FOLLOW SIGNS TO THE RIGHT OFF FREEWAY AT THE MYALUP BEACH RD MYALUP.
CARAVAN PARK IS AT THE END NEAR OCEAN-DRIVEWAY ON YOUR LEFT…..
DON’T FORGET TO WATCH SPEED LIMIT SIGNS AND THE POLICE DO MONITOR THE FREEWAY REGULARLY.
DON’T FORGET MYALUP 2015 PRE MEETING AT THE CLUB THURSDAY 22 JANUARY 6-00PM START – OUTSTANDING MONIES AND RE ITERATE PROGRAM.